Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hills are Scary!


Hello!  So today I almost died ..... A few times.  We went down this crazy hill!  It was more like a freaking mountain!  we were climbing at around 4900 ft. and then we went down this hill...  when we got to the bottom, we were cruising at a whopping 40 ft above sea level.  Pretty big hill, huh?  I think it was about 11 miles long.  But I'm not sure.  So look it up on Google earth if you really want to know.  I would.... But I don't really want to think about it.  I left a part of my manhood on that hill today.  A small piece... but when your Christian Lyman, every piece counts because there aren't too many pieces.

 This is a view from the top of the freaking mass hill I was telling you about.... Remember?  Yeah.  And out in the distance you can see Palm Desert.  And it's basically in the middle of freaking nowhere.

This is pretty much what we have been riding through for the past few days....  I can't tell if it's super ugly.. orsuper pretty.  Any help??? Lemme know!


This is us going up a hill right after breakfast.  It was super cool becuase it wasn't very long or steep.  Not sure about the grade but it was about 5 miles long so it was basically bonding time.  Did you know my grandpa use to beat pepole up?

2 comments:

  1. how did you like those switch backs coming down into palm desert...? That's crazy in a car, and I can't imagine on a bike with crazy CA cars coming down behind you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left a part of my manhood on that hill today. A small piece... but when your Christian Lyman, every piece counts because there aren't too many pieces.

    hee hee This is my favorite line so far. You're finding your voice.

    I think it's pretty, but that's because I'm old. When I was your age I thought it was gosh-awful.


    BTW, your word verifier says daylabor. NO KIDDING. How appropriate.

    ReplyDelete